International cooperation is essential for the development of meteorology and hydrology. It is impossible to carry out activities in these fields without the operative international exchange of hydrometeorological data and products. In order to integrate the principles of sustainable development into government policies and programs, the Republic of Moldova makes effort to implement the provisions of the international conventions to which it is a party.
The State Hydrometeorological Service (SHS) directs its international activities in the following main directions:
- participation in the programs of specialized UN agencies: World Meteorological Organization (WMO), UN Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD);
- partnership within the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS);
- making bilateral agreements with other national meteorological and hydrological services;
- participation in scientific programs within international conventions and projects.
Collaboration with national hydrometeorological services is carried out within bilateral agreements. The relations with the hydrometeorological services of the neighbouring states are developing more intensely.
Of particular importance for strengthening cooperation are long-term intergovernmental cooperation programs with Ukraine and Romania. Within these agreements and programs, the exchange of operative hydrometeorological information is carried out, the state of the aquatic resources of the Dniester and Prut border rivers is monitored.
- tel: (022)773529
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org