Main Tasks of the Department:
- organization, development and methodical guidance of the state system of meteorological and agrometeorological observations;
- issue of public meteorological forecasts (agrometeorological, climatic) and warnings about dangerous weather phenomena that are regularly disseminated to the central and local public authorities, mass media; provision of economic agents with specific information about unfavorable weather phenomena on a contract basic according to the scheme coordinated by the Ministry of Ecology and Natural Resources;
- issue of specific forecasts for economic agents in terms of contract;
- control over use of hydrometeorological information by economic agents;
- delivery of specific information about hazard occurrence and intensity to juridical and natural persons as requested;
- systematic analysis, synthesis of meteorological and agrometeorological conditions;
- preparation and publication of informative material and systematic delivery of information to the local and central public authorities, economic agents and population.
Meteorology Department includes the following centers:
- Meteorology and Climatology Center;
- Meteorological Forecast Centre;
- Agrometeorological Monitoring Center;
- Information Management Center;
- National Meteorological Observations Network.