Agrometeorological Monitoring Center
The purpose of the operational tasks and of the applied researches carried out in the Agrometeorological Monitoring Center (AMC) is the contribution to the efficiency improving of the agricultural production in the Republic of Moldova and its sustainable development. Different types of operational activities, such as agrometeorological analysis of weather conditions, forecasts and warnings are used in the determination of the planting and harvesting timing, productivity assessment, planning of economic policy measures and other forms of short-term and long-term activity planning in agriculture. The historical agro-meteorological data and the results of the agro-climatic and other applied researches, as well as the assessment of the climate change on the territory of Moldova are serving for their self a basis for the rational use of the agricultural lands, choice of species and varieties of crops, production adjustment to the climate change and other aspects of the long-term planning in agriculture. The agrometeorological observations data are published since 1955 into agrometeorological yearbooks and agro climatic guidelines. The agrometeorological forecasts in the Republic of Moldova are carried out on 13 weather stations and 19 agrometeorological posts.
The specialists of the Agrometeorological Monitoring Center (AMC) carry out the following types of work and prepare the following information:
- Analysis and preparation of reference about the impact of weather conditions on crops during the week, decade ,month and during the vegetation period, agriculture year.
- Calculations and forecasts:
- Forecasts regarding productive moisture reserves in the soil layer, issued in spring at the beginning of agricultural works;
- Forecasts regarding the start dates of the main development and maturation phases of crops;
- Forecasts regarding the harvest of the main crops with anticipation of 1-3 months;
- Data regarding winter conditions for crops, trees and vineyards;
- Information regarding the phenomena dangerous for crops and the types of damages caused by them;
- Prepares and publishes ten-day the agrometeorological bulletins and Annuals.
Services offered by the de Agrometeorological Monitoring Center
- agrometeorological monthly and annual data (soil temperature on the farmlands soil temperature at the tillering node of the autumn crops and multiannual plants, soil humidity, ground freeze and thaw depth, phenological observations, production elements of crops);
- average long term agrometeorological data;
- agrometeorological characterization of the year by season;
- information regarding the influence of the weather conditions on crops and field works for any vegetation period;
- description of phenomena dangerous for crops (drought and hot dry wind, frosts during vegetation period, hail, rain, strong wind, frost crops, etc.). Participation in the assessment of damages caused by the mentioned phenomena;
- calculation of data of air temperature transition through 0, 5, 10, 15ºC;
- presentation of forecasts regarding the productive humidity reserves in the soil for any development phase of the crops;
- presentation of the forecasts regarding the beginning of the development phases of the crops, sum of the active and effective air temperatures.