Meteorology and Climatology Center
The Meteorology and Climatology Center (MCC) studies the meteorological and climatological regime of the country and also provides the interested organizations with climatological data. The specialists carry out the methodical management of the national network of meteorological posts and stations, perform the analyses of the meteorological observations, and elaborate informative notes, month and year books. The National Network of Meteorological Observations Centre from the Republic of Moldova is composed from 14 meteorological stations and 32 posts.
Within the Centre are performing the works concerning the formation of the Meteorological Database from 1886 heretofore and of the National Fund of Hydrometeorological Data. At the same time study the tendency of weather condition changes on the territory of Moldova, and create the long-term climatological forecasts. There were published different climatological guidance, monographs and specialized descriptions as the result of carrying out of the scientific work and researches.
MCC offers the following types of information:
- meteorological data tables from stations TMS and posts TMP;
- monthly and annual meteorological bulletins;
- investigations of the meteorological conditions of the decade, month, season and year;
- description of the extreme meteorological events observed on the territory of the country;
- certificates regarding the meteorological and climatic conditions at the request of the state authorities, economic agents and individuals.
The meteorological and climatological information is used for different aims by the users – for researches, studies, development projects, informative, presentations for the insurance companies, usage during the trial, etc.
Services provided by the Centre:
- certificates regarding the meteorological conditions for all the regions of the republic and each period of time;
- meteorological data for certain years;
- climatological data for different periods;
- climatological characterization for all the regions of the republic;
- assessment of the potential resources of Aeolian and Solar energy;
- choosing of the appropriate place for the location of Aeolian and Solar installations.
Chief of the Center Bugaeva Tatiana - tel: (022) 77-35-36